(Page updated based on last year’s BARC notification and much of the news has been merged with present notification – for all search results)
Update from February 23, 2016 COPY PASTE version
Examination centres and tentative dates of commencement and announcement of results and recruitment may be subjected to change, hence students are better requested to visit and confirm every minute detail advertised here!
This write-up is intended to encourage well-informed students of science and engineering backgrounds to have a look the examination pattern and schedule their priorities accordingly.
For all details regarding the examination please visit FAQs page of recruitment site here
Wish all success for GATE aspirants of 2016 and 2017!
Previous notification minute details – 2015
Slot booking for the examination to be held between 12 March and 20 March 2015 will be done as follows. Those who HAD APPLIED before 21 January will be allowed to apply after 1800 IST of 23 February (i.e,. today), and those who HAD APPLIED after 21 January will be allowed to apply after 26 February 2015 (Thursday).
After clicking on the link of candidate log in and filling up of details, you will be redirected to the dedicated web page which will likely appear as follows (the site has no access to candidate and details registered at the time of filling up of form).
All the details are to be carefully taken note of before filling up the application form and preparing route map for the examination. This examination is not of academic degree fulfilling type, so one must be out and out thorough with basic structure and scheme of examination which also has consideration for decent percentile at Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). This year IITKanpur is organizing GATE. Country’s premier research centre has invited undergraduates in science and engineering disciplines for consideration for Scientific Officer (Group-A of Government of India) through OCES-2015 and DGFS-2015 programs. Pay scale pegged at net INR 61000 p.m. is attractive for meritorious students even before Seventh Central Pay Commission is implemented. Maximum age limit for General candidates for appearing at the examination is 26 years. Examination dates, slot booking, and all vital information are available on the website http://barconlineexam.in
Reproducing material follows..
Here are some vital snap shots for information purpose only.
You’ll get the following page after clicking last link R-IV
Pay scale and other emoluments
Source: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, DAE, Government of India
Selection to OCES/DGFS is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interview of the short-listed candidates.
There is a separate Selection Process for each of the disciplines listed in Table-1.
A) Screening is based on two alternative methods:
(a) On the basis of Online Test:
- Online Test will be conducted in March, 2015 in each of the eight Engineering disciplines and five Science discipline in nearly thirty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- Candidates who register for the Online Test will be able to choose their exam centre as well as date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Test, subject to availability. Allocation of slot to candidates for taking the Online Test will be done on a first come, first served basis.
(b) On the basis of GATE Score:Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE- 2014 or GATE-2015 score.
Candidates may note the following:
- At the time of application, candidates can choose any one or both of the above screening options. As the cutoff GATE scores for screening in to Selection Interviews will be finalized only after the conclusion of the Online Test, candidates are advised to maximize their chance of being screened in to the Selection Interview by availing both the Screening Channels (GATE score as well as Online Test) detailed above.
- Candidates who opt for screening through Online Test should book an examination slot of their choice, subject to availability, by visiting this website. Prior to commencement of Examination slot booking process, alerts by email and SMS will be sent to registered candidates. An announcement will be made on this website as well. Examination slots will be allocated on first come, first served basis, subject to availability.Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
- The candidates who have opted for screening only on the basis of a GATE Score will not be permitted to book an examination slot for the Online Test.
B. Selection Interviews:
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai.
Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2015. Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability in April, 2015. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
Final Selection for the OCES/DGFS-2015 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally (subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in June, 2015. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
The option of communicating preferences regarding Training School location and Training Scheme will be enabled on this website for Selected candidates, after the declaration of final results.
Selected candidates who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. programs in DGFS Institutes and who wish to be considered for DGFS must provide details of their M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg admission by July 3, 2015.
Reproducing material from Government portal.
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2015
a. For Physics Discipline (code PH):
- M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. or B.E./B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- M. Sc. candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Physics’.
- Applicants having B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score either in ‘Physics’ or in ‘Engineering Science’.
b. For Chemistry Discipline (code CY):
- M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc.
- All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
c. For Biosciences Discipline (code BS):
- M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) in Food Technology is only considered with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks.
- M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’.
- Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
d. For Radiological Safety Engineering (code RSE):
- M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- Eligible candidates must have passed in Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
e. For Geology Discipline (Code GE):
- M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc./5-year integrated M.Tech., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. also.
- Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII.
- All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
f. For Geophysics Discipline (Code GP):
- M.Sc. in Geophysics/Applied Geophysics or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geophysical Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
g. Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible.
*A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
B. Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in Physics (PH) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech. starting in the academic year 2015 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3.
- Confirmation of M.Tech. admission should be communicated by July 3, 2015.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C.Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2015)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
D. Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
E. Applicants working in Central / State Government Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
F. Application Fee:
- A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 250 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- All candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must produce original challan at the time of Selection Interview.
Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2015, may also apply.
If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2015 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
|how to book online test slot for barc exam|