(Page updated based on last year’s BARC notification and much of the news has been merged with present notification – for all search results)
Update from February 23, 2016 COPY PASTE version
Examination centres and tentative dates of commencement and announcement of results and recruitment may be subjected to change, hence students are better requested to visit and confirm every minute detail advertised here!
This write-up is intended to encourage well-informed students of science and engineering backgrounds to have a look the examination pattern and schedule their priorities accordingly.
For all details regarding the examination please visit FAQs page of recruitment site here
Wish all success for GATE aspirants of 2016 and 2017!
Previous notification minute details – 2015
Slot booking for the examination to be held between 12 March and 20 March 2015 will be done as follows. Those who HAD APPLIED before 21 January will be allowed to apply after 1800 IST of 23 February (i.e,. today), and those who HAD APPLIED after 21 January will be allowed to apply after 26 February 2015 (Thursday).
After clicking on the link of candidate log in and filling up of details, you will be redirected to the dedicated web page which will likely appear as follows (the site has no access to candidate and details registered at the time of filling up of form).
All the details are to be carefully taken note of before filling up the application form and preparing route map for the examination. This examination is not of academic degree fulfilling type, so one must be out and out thorough with basic structure and scheme of examination which also has consideration for decent percentile at Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). This year IITKanpur is organizing GATE. Country’s premier research centre has invited undergraduates in science and engineering disciplines for consideration for Scientific Officer (Group-A of Government of India) through OCES-2015 and DGFS-2015 programs. Pay scale pegged at net INR 61000 p.m. is attractive for meritorious students even before Seventh Central Pay Commission is implemented. Maximum age limit for General candidates for appearing at the examination is 26 years. Examination dates, slot booking, and all vital information are available on the website http://barconlineexam.in
Reproducing material follows..
Here are some vital snap shots for information purpose only.
You’ll get the following page after clicking last link R-IV
Pay scale and other emoluments
Source: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, DAE, Government of India
Selection to OCES/DGFS is a two-step process: Screening to short-list candidates followed by Selection Interview of the short-listed candidates.
There is a separate Selection Process for each of the disciplines listed in Table-1.
A) Screening is based on two alternative methods:
(a) On the basis of Online Test:
- Online Test will be conducted in March, 2015 in each of the eight Engineering disciplines and five Science discipline in nearly thirty cities spread across India.
- Travel Allowance is not paid for appearing in it.
- Candidates who register for the Online Test will be able to choose their exam centre as well as date and time of the session in which they wish to appear for the Online Test, subject to availability. Allocation of slot to candidates for taking the Online Test will be done on a first come, first served basis.
(b) On the basis of GATE Score:Candidates will be screened in for Selection Interview on the basis of a valid GATE- 2014 or GATE-2015 score.
Candidates may note the following:
- At the time of application, candidates can choose any one or both of the above screening options. As the cutoff GATE scores for screening in to Selection Interviews will be finalized only after the conclusion of the Online Test, candidates are advised to maximize their chance of being screened in to the Selection Interview by availing both the Screening Channels (GATE score as well as Online Test) detailed above.
- Candidates who opt for screening through Online Test should book an examination slot of their choice, subject to availability, by visiting this website. Prior to commencement of Examination slot booking process, alerts by email and SMS will be sent to registered candidates. An announcement will be made on this website as well. Examination slots will be allocated on first come, first served basis, subject to availability.Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
- The candidates who have opted for screening only on the basis of a GATE Score will not be permitted to book an examination slot for the Online Test.
B. Selection Interviews:
Selection Interviews of short-listed candidates will be conducted in Mumbai.
Probable period of Selection Interviews is during May-June, 2015. Short-listed candidates will be able to choose an Interview slot based on availability in April, 2015. Alerts by email as well as SMS will be sent to all candidates who have been short-listed for Selection Interview on their registered email addresses and mobile numbers as well as announced on this website, prior to commencement of the Interview slot booking process. Candidates are advised to visit this website regularly for updates regarding this.
Final Selection for the OCES/DGFS-2015 programs will be based solely on performance in Selection Interview, subject to medical fitness. A list of provisionally (subject to medical fitness) selected candidates will be displayed on this website in June, 2015. The selected candidates will also be informed about their Selection by email and SMS.
The option of communicating preferences regarding Training School location and Training Scheme will be enabled on this website for Selected candidates, after the declaration of final results.
Selected candidates who have obtained admission for applicable M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg. programs in DGFS Institutes and who wish to be considered for DGFS must provide details of their M. Tech. / M. Chem. Engg admission by July 3, 2015.
Reproducing material from Government portal.
A. Qualifying Degrees and Other Academic Requirements for OCES/DGFS-2015
a. For Physics Discipline (code PH):
- M.Sc. in Physics/Applied Physics with Physics and Mathematics at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. or B.E./B.Tech. in Engineering Physics with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in the qualifying degree.
- M. Sc. candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Physics postgraduate applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Physics’.
- Applicants having B.E./B.Tech. (Engineering Physics) as qualifying degree can apply on the basis of a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score either in ‘Physics’ or in ‘Engineering Science’.
b. For Chemistry Discipline (code CY):
- M.Sc. in Chemistry with Physics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc. and Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc.
- All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Chemistry’.
c. For Biosciences Discipline (code BS):
- M.Sc. in Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Botany, Zoology, Plant Science, Plant Breeding, Plant Pathology, Entomology, Food Technology, Animal Science, Life Sciences and Biosciences with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc. as well as in B.Sc.; or B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Sc. (Tech) in Food Technology is only considered with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks.
- M.Sc. applicants should have Physics or Chemistry or Biochemistry or Agriculture Chemistry at the B.Sc. stage or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5- year integrated M.Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Life Sciences’ or in ‘Biotechnology’.
- Those having M.Sc. with specialization in subjects like Fisheries, Horticulture, Forestry, Agronomy, Animal Husbandry, Marine Biology and Home Science etc and B.E. / B.Tech. / M.Tech. in Biotechnology / Genetic Engineering are not eligible.
d. For Radiological Safety Engineering (code RSE):
- M.Sc. in Physics or Chemistry with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks with Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- Eligible candidates must have passed in Mathematics at Std. XII or at B.Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc.
- All candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. degree) must additionally have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
e. For Geology Discipline (Code GE):
- M.Sc. or equivalent M.Tech. in Geology / Applied Geology / Applied Geochemistry with Geology at B. Sc. or at subsidiary and / or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc., or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geological Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have two subjects out of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc./5-year integrated M.Tech., with minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc. / M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc. also.
- Additionally, eligible candidates must have passed Mathematics in Std. XII.
- All applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
f. For Geophysics Discipline (Code GP):
- M.Sc. in Geophysics/Applied Geophysics or 5-year integrated M.Tech. in Geophysical Technology.
- Eligible candidates must have Mathematics up to B.Sc. or at subsidiary and/or ancillary level in case of 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech., with a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in M.Sc./M.Tech.
- All eligible candidates (other than those applying with a 5-year integrated M.Sc./M.Tech. degree) must have a minimum of 60%* aggregate marks in B. Sc.
- Applicants opting to be considered on the basis of a GATE Score should have a valid GATE-2014 or GATE-2015 Score in ‘Geology and Geophysics’.
g. Those having M.Sc. (by research) or Ph.D. are not eligible.
*A minimum of 60% marks means the marks as per the ordinances of the respective university.
B. Admission to DGFS:
- Candidates having a qualifying degree in Physics (PH) and who meet the corresponding eligibility criteria listed above are eligible to apply for DGFS provided they secure admission for M.Tech. starting in the academic year 2015 in select Institutes and in specializations listed in Table-3.
- Confirmation of M.Tech. admission should be communicated by July 3, 2015.
- Securing admission in one of the valid M. Tech. specializations at one of the DGFS Institutes along with Selection for OCES, does not guarantee the award of a DGFS Fellowship as DGFS is offered as per the needs of DAE’s programs and only to the most meritorious candidates as per Selection Interview performance.
C.Age Limit (Age as on August 1, 2015)
- General Category – 26 years,
- OBC-29 years,
- SC/ST–31 years,
- Dependents of those who died in the riots of 1984 (Dep1984) -31 years,
- Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State from 01/01/1980 to 31/12/1989 (Dom Kashmir) –31 years,
- Physically Challenged persons of all categories are eligible for age relaxation of 10 years.
D. Nationality: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
E. Applicants working in Central / State Government Units / PSUs / Aided Institutes should produce a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their organization at the time of Selection Interview, failing which they may not be interviewed.
F. Application Fee:
- A non-refundable Application Fee of Rs. 250 is chargeable from the male applicants belonging to General and OBC categories.
- Women candidates, candidates belonging to SC/ST, Dependents of Defence Personnel Killed in Action (DODPKIA) and Physically Challenged candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee.
- All candidates who have paid Application Fee at a branch of State Bank of India must produce original challan at the time of Selection Interview.
Candidates awaiting final results and/or due to appear for GATE-2015, may also apply.
If selected, candidates who are eligible in all other respects but are awaiting final results will be allowed to commence course work. However, retention of these candidates in the OCES or DGFS programs is subject to the mark-sheet of their final result, which meets the eligibility requirements of the OCES/ DGFS program, being submitted by Nov 30, 2015 in case of OCES TSOs and as per the requirement of the concerned DGFS Institutes in the case of DGFS Fellows.
|how to book online test slot for barc exam|
- TuneInto Icon
- Legendary Thinktank
- Par Excellence
- Scientific Brains
- Services and Charity
- English for Intermediate
- IAS and IPS
- Fun Intended
- My Profession
- Science and Engineering
- Health Watch
- News Watch
- South Africa in India 2015
- Telugu Movie Reviews
- HR Interviews
- India in Australia 2016
- September 2017 (3)
- June 2017 (1)
- May 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (2)
- July 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (2)
- April 2016 (6)
- January 2016 (4)
- December 2015 (1)
- November 2015 (9)
- October 2015 (9)
- September 2015 (6)
- August 2015 (3)
- July 2015 (6)
- June 2015 (13)
- February 2015 (3)
- January 2015 (6)
- December 2014 (5)
- October 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (1)
- March 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- December 2013 (5)
- November 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (4)
- June 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (2)
- Civil Services of India (18)
- Indian National Festivals (12)
- Inspiring men (47)
- Mathematics (6)
- Movies (20)
- Politics (30)
- Science and Engineering (14)
- ScoopLense (71)
- Cricket (15)
- Uncategorized (29)
250 marks for Essay
1983 Prudential World Cup
1999 world cup cricket
2013 Civils Mains
2013 notification for IAS and IPS
2015 notification for IAS and IPS
Act of God
air conditioner usages
Andhra and Telangana
Andhra Pradesh new capital city
Andhra Pradesh State Re-organization Bill 2013
Andhra University vice chancellor
Anil Kumble tweets on Vizag being ODI and Test venue
Anti Stokes Lines
AP-Telangana water sharing issues
AP CM Chandrababu Naidu
APJ Abdul Kalam
AP Opposition Leader Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy
Aravinda de Silva
Article of Indian constitution
Atal Behari Vajpayee
Atomic and Molecular interactions
AU College of Engineering
August 15 1947
avoiding junk food
Baahubali 2015 the beginning
Baahubali the beginning
Bale Bale Magadivoi
Bat and Ball
Bat and Pad
Better English tools
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Bharat Ratna Awards for cricketer
Bhogapuram International Airport at Vizianagaram
Block buster movie collection
Block buster Telugu movies
body mass index
Book reading habit
books and friends
Boxing Day Test
Bruce lee The fighter
Bye bye 2015
Calculus way of looking at life
Caste and Race politics
Champions Trophy winning captain
Chandrababu Naidu asks more land
Changes in cricket
Chef in Singapore
Civils Mains changes
Civils New Pattern
Civils prelims 2015 cut off
Civils preparation tips
Complete rout for BJP
CRL Narasimhan The Hindu
CSAT II qualifying paper
CSAT paper II
Cut off for Civils Prelims 2015
Day for yoga on june 21
Delhi 2015 elections
difference between academics and education
DoPT nods changes
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
dress code for interview
DU cut off for admissions in UG
Eastern Naval Command Head Quarters
Economic reforms in 1991
Economic Survey 2014-15
emotions in love
Employment after Degree
engineering colleges in Hyderabad
Engineering education in India
England Srilanka world cup
England Wales cricket
English paper at Mains
Examination admit cards
Excellent Telugu movie dialogues
expected cut off for civils prelims 2015
expected general studies cut off for civils prelims 2015
Expression of love
famil sentiment movies
Father and Son relationship
Feel good factors
Feynman's Lectures on Physics
fibre in foods
FIFA World Cup 2014 title
fight against corruption
First independence day parade at sea shore
freelance content writers
Ganesh Chaturthi wishes to all
Ganges clean up plan
General Essay paper
General Studies Paper I
German atrocities in world wars
Germany winners of 2014 WC title
Happy New Year 2016
Health and wealthy new year
health issues concerning weight loss
heat wave across India
Himachal Pradesh education trip
human activities of public display
Husband and Wife relations
ICC Champions Trophy 2002
ICC Champions Trophy 2013
ICC CWC 2003
ICC World T20
Independencey Day celebrations at Vizag
India's first Prime Minister
India's tour to Australia
India-Asutralia 2014-15 Border Gavaskar Trophy
India and England in Vizag for Test Match series 2016
India Australia 1996 Titan Cup at Bangalore
India Australia October 2010
India Australia world cup
India England world cup
India in Champions Trophy
India lift World cup 1983 at Lord's
Indian 9th naval fleet review at Visakhapatnam in 2006
Indian caste groups clashes
Indian Civil service
India Newzealand series 2016
Indian freedom fighters
Indian freedom fighters who performed Ganesh Puja for freedom
Indian Independence Day
Indians at Rio Olympics 2016
India South Africa 1996 series
India South Africa 2015 series
India South Africa bilateral ODI series
India Srilanka world cup
India v Australia second quarter final at Ahmedabad
India versus South Africa in ODIs
India vs. Australia in 2016
India vs. England in India 2016
India vs. New Zealand 2016
India vs. West Indies 2016
India West Indies
India West Indies cricket series 2014
Industrial revolution in Europe
infections in summer
innocence and ignorance of college students
Insurance claim for an act of God
Inter-disciplinary engineering streams
Inter-States Water Board
Inter continental ballistic missiles
Intermediate and EAMCET combination
Intermediate education reforms
Intermediate marks for IIT JEE and other examinations
Intermediate Public Examinations in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
International ACA-VDCA Stadium
International days observed by UNO
International Students Day October 15
International Yoga Day
Jamshedpur for waste water management
Kalam as inspiration
Kanche movie review
Kapil's match winning catch of Vivian Richards
Kapil Dev Nikhanj
Kiwis in Vizag 2016
Lalu Prasad Yadav
Land acquisition and Resettlement and Rehabilitation Act
land in a job
LARR bill 2013
LARR bill 2015
Last date for CSP online application submission
love in size zero movie
Madras Isntitute of Technology
Mains 2015 in December
Mains Exam Changes
Mains in December
Mains new trend
managements of educational institutions in Andhra and Telangana
man made errors
Manmohan Singh as RBI and finance head of India
merriment in numbers
Missiles of India
Misuse of socia media
modern temple of India
Moments of triumph
mother and father as first teachers
Musical instruments and their vibrations
Must watch movie collection
Narcotics Control Bureau
Narendra Modi has serious task at hand
National Awards 2016
nature as teacher
Natwest Series 2002 final at Lord's
News paper editorials
New year new hope
Nobel Prize in Physics
North Andhra poets
NTR Junior Temper
October 12 2014
October 29 for India - Kiwis final one day international
Odd-Even plan in Delhi for traffic pollution menace
Oh My God!
Pandaga Chesko 2015
parents and students of engineering institutions
Passage reading comprehension
Pawan Kalyan in Gopala Gopala
pay per click content
Personality Test Marks reduced
Petty mind sets
Picturesque shooting spots
Player of cricket Worldcup 2011
Poor but Spirited in Karimnagar
Power sector in Andhra Pradesh
Prelims 2015 examination centres
Prelims cut off 2015
President of India
Previous years question papers of Civils
Principal Scientific Adviser
professions of respect
proposal for love
Psychology of marriage
PV Narasimharao's economic reforms
Rajiv Gandhi's role in Information technology in development of India
Ramakrishna Beach road
Ram Charan Tej
reason and assertion
Rebuild Vizag greenery
Reduce carbon emissions
remedies for weight loss
Reservations of Mandal commission
Reservations on caste
RK Beach road
Sachin Tendulkar's father
Sachin Tendulkar's win at Titan Cup in Mumbai
SAGE publications books on psychology
Sanctions on India
Satya Sai Baba's birthday celebrations on November 23
Satya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
Science and development
Science and Technology
screenplay of Sukumar
Selling girls for price
sentiment of love
share and re-share
Simple English Language
Sir CV Raman
Sir Mokshagundam Visveswarayya
Size Zero review
slaves of new books
small states creation
Sravanthi Ravi Kishore
Steel City of Vizag
Subcribing to views
Super Six stages of world cup 1999
T20 winning captain
Teaching is noble
Test match venues in India
The Championships in London
tips to bat summer
Tollywood movie reviews
tributaries of River Beas
UNO international days of Indians
UPSC Prelims 2015
Vinayaka Chaturthi wishes
VUDA urban planning
web content writers
Weighing machines in public places in India
Weight loss business
Wimbledon men's and women's singles final
World Cup 2015
World Cup T20 in India 2016
World Cup winning captain
WT20 in India
Yuvraj against Australia